A few things happened to me the past few days, while submitting suggested edits of wiki tags and/or wiki excerpts, for existing tags (for which I do not have the privilege to create them; at best I can only "suggest" such tags to be created):
- Rejected tag wiki edit for aliases, a tag that got deleted AFTER I submitted my suggestion.
- Rejected tag wiki excerpt edit for aliases, a tag that got deleted AFTER I submitted my suggestion.
- Rejected tag wiki edit for charts.module, a tag that got deleted AFTER I submitted my suggestion, and after 1 approve followed by 1 reject of that suggested edit was performed. So the actual review process for that specific suggested edit seems like interrupted, since a final reviewer probably never got a chance to look at that suggested edit.
- Rejected tag wiki edit for remote and Rejected tag wiki excerpt edit for remote, a tag that got deleted AFTER I submitted my suggestion, and after 1 approve was given. So the actual review process for that specific suggested edit seems like either interrupted or still waiting additional reviews.
For the sake of understanding: I do not question in any way the specific reviewers, or their reasons for rejection (I do consider all of them as reviewers that I respect). So let that not be the reason for any potential (anoymous?) downvotes of this question please, or my own answer I added to it (if you've other reasons to downvote: no problem).
However, something seems broken in the review process of suggested edits for wiki tags and / or excerpts. Why do "I" get a "rejected edit" for each of these events described above?
To phrase it another way:
- "I" invest time in researching wiki tags that seem to be in use (at least 1 question had these tags, some had multiple questions tagged with it).
- "I" invest time to submit the suggested edit.
- That suggestion seems to trigger something at 1 or more reviewers like "oeps, that tag should not be there".
- And instead of "me" being rewarded for what I suggested, I get punished by a rejected edit.
To further proof my point, please consider existing tagpassword-reset, which:
- has 1 question (only!) that is using the tag.
- the actual question was asked by ... one of the reviewers involved in one of the reviews mentioned above.
- for which NO tag wiki or wiki excerpt exists.
My question: what are "my" options to contribute to this specific tag wiki / excerpt, without taking the risk of another rejected edit?