Back in April 2016, I created the group tag. Its excerpt got approved on April 9, 2016 and it was used for multiple questions about the Group module (note: I'm not a (co-)maintainer of it ...). For sure it was not that it got deleted automatically again since it was not used in any, or only 1, question.
But for reasons that are not clear to me, the tag got deleted anyway (and more or less right away). On April 11, 2016, the tag was recreated, and I created the excerpt and the tag wiki again. Sure enough, a bit later the tag disappeared again (automatically, but only after a moderator removed the tag from all questions again that were using it).
Today, there are various questions that are related to the Group module, such as (not sure if the list is complete ...):
- How to programmatically add content to a group in the Group Module?
- How do I change the site name in the .theme file?
- How to display a views block on pages with a specific combination of URL patterns?
- How to restrict user role to see only their members profile?
- How to show the content of a group on the group page when using the Group module?
- What are the various roles supported by the Group module?
- How to bulk assign existing content to a group created with the Group module?
- How do I get the list of all group members?
- How to email all group members after a new node is added when using the Group module?
Since as of today there is no tag specific to the Group module, some users don't realize some of the group specific questions is about the Group module. Have a look at questions such as this one for an interesting illustration, i.e.:
- its revision history (about multiple retaggings).
- the comments (about how some users confuse "
group" with "
Sure I have all the privileges myself to create the tag, document the tag excerpt and tag wiki (this time I even wouldn't need approvals like before anymore). But I don't want to take the risk that doing so myself would be considered as an unacceptable user action (since a moderator already caused the tag I created before to be deleted again).
Therefor, can anybody please recreate the group tag ... again? Hoping that this time we can be sure that the tag is there to stay ...
For anybody who wonders if this tag makes sense, here are some quotes from some other meta tag questions:
From an answer to "How do we respond to requests to create tags?":
The criterion I normally use to understand if the tag is necessary is: Is there an expert behind that tag? For example, to answer questions tagged views, you need to know the Views module; to answer form-api questions, you need to know the form API; there isn't an expert that answers to error questions, which would be any question about code showing an error. In the latter case, the tag is too broad to be helpful.
From some comments to "Can we get a Twitter Bootstrap tag?":
Can you provide some examples of questions where this would be appropriate?
... since you are making the proposal, you should really provide some backup evidence as to why it would benefit the site. It is the way the SE sites work.
Update: it would be interesting to learn about the motivation for the introduction (by a moderator ...) of the not yet documented rng tag recently in these (9) questions ... including any potential reasons why that tag would make sense.