I have the privilege to 'Create tags'. And I have been using it recently to create tags such as:
- Graphs (to separate it from 'Charts'), 81 questions.
- Paragraphs (about the module 'Paragraphs'), 135 questions.
- 403 (similar to '404' tag that existed at the time I create the 403 tag, though that got deleted recently it seems ...), 158 questions.
- lms, 6 questions, for which my suggested wiki excerpt, and tag wiki got approved.
- donations (50), training (42), spreadsheet (35), ...
Together with creating these tags, I've also edited various questions where these tags were appropriate. And I would like to see more tags added, such as DataViz, Chart (different from Charts), Flag (different from Flags), etc.
However, each and every time I create a new tag and use it in various questions, "there is always one specific +20K user" who performs a rollback or removes these tags again for all the questions in which I added these tags. And this for all questions I tagged with such tag. Due to which (of course) the tag is deleted again. And without any notice, comment, explanation or whatever to me. This seems to never stop, here are more of such approved tags that get handled in the very same way:
Exception that confirms the rule: There is also the google-charts tag now, which I created some time ago, and with 8 questions (that I) tagged with it.
- What's wrong here, what am I missing?
- What does "Create tag" privilege really mean?
- What's the recommended procedure for me to follow, so that whenever I have a tag creation suggestion (to be approved how and by whom?) I can be sure that after it is approved and I then start editing questions with that new tag, a moderator will not systematically destroy my many hours of free time I contributed?
PS: it would be nice also to get a verdict about "Rename tag "Flags" to "Flag" (or create a synonym), or create a new "Flag"-tag?" ...